There's a better way to bank. At SF Fire Credit Union, we always put you first. We believe in ethical banking and live our values through fair and transparent business practices, attractive rates, low fees, and personalized service. With us, you're more than a number, you're a member.
Applying for membership is quick, easy, and free. Join today and discover the member-first advantage.
Before You Begin
You will need the following information during the application process:
Proof of Residency
The following documents are acceptable proof of residency (dated within the last 45 days). One document from this list is sufficient.
- Home utility bill (cable, phone, internet – does not include cell phone)
- Existing car or boat registration
- Rental or lease agreement (signed by owner and tenant)
- Voter Registration (packet received in the mail)
- Change of address confirmation by the U.S Postal Service
- Jury summons or court order
- Deed or title to residential real property
- Property tax bill or statement
If you can't provide one of the documents above, you can provide two of the following documents to satisfy the proof of residency requirement.
- Cell phone bill
- Medical Documents
- Employment documents (w-2's, paystubs, offer letters)
- Insurance documents
- Bank and financial institution records
- Mortgage bill (HOA due statements, HOA master insurance policy, ect)
- IRS or California FTB tax return
- A document issued by a government agency (local, state, or federal), such as SSI award letters
- Original copy of an approved claim for Homeowner's Property Tax Exemption (BOE-266) form filed with a local California County Assessor
- School documents (which include date of birth), proof of payment of resident tuition at a public institution of higher learning in California
- A No Fee Identification Card Eligibility Verification (DL933) form, completed and signed
- Letter attesting that you live in a CA shelter, non-profit entity, faith-based organization, employer, or U.S. government agency
Proof of Eligibility
- Valid unexpired government-issued form of photo identification (drivers license, passport, state identification card)
- Note: if the address on your license does not match your current address, we will need proof of residency as mentioned above
- Proof of Eligibility to join the credit union (you must prove that you live, work, worship, or attend school in San Francisco, San Mateo, or Marin County). If your ID does not show this, you can provide a paystub or letter from your company on company letterhead, or for students, your School Registration or Valid Student ID Card for San Francisco, San Mateo, or Marin County
- U.S. Social Security Number or Taxpayer Identification Number
- In-branch applications: cash or check for funding your new account and your one-time $5 membership fee.
To help the government fight the funding of terrorism and money laundering activities, Federal Law requires all financial institutions to obtain, verify, and record information that identifies each person who opens an account. What this means to you is that when you open an account, we will ask for your:
- Telephone number
- Date of birth
- Social Security number
- Employer information
- Driver's license number or government-issued photo ID
As a local credit union, we measure our success one member at a time. We want to get to know you and help you achieve your goals. Come into a branch or call us today. Our people are happy to serve you.