Happy Financial Literacy Month!
As a Credit Union, we’re here to help our members make informed financial decisions to achieve their goals. Our Financial Education Center offers a variety of interactive modules and financial calculators to help you explore and understand topics ranging from your first auto loan to home ownership and planning for retirement. Check out the offerings here.
LOOKING TO BUILD SAVINGS?
After filing tax returns, it’s common to think about ways to save. If you’re thinking about savings – how to start, how to increase your efforts, how to maximize your returns – check out these modules and calculators:
• Savings – need ideas on how to set goals and build good savings habits? Want to understand your options? Check out this module
• Building Emergency Savings – view this interactive module for tips and ideas on how to save for those unexpected expenses
• Emergency Savings Calculator – this online calculator will let you play with numbers to help shape your savings strategies
TAKE CONTROL OF YOUR CREDIT
Your credit is something of a financial scorecard. It impacts your options when it comes to major financial steps, such as homeownership. It’s never too early, and never too late, to start thinking about your credit and how to manage it:
• Debt Payoff Calculator – would the ‘avalanche’ or ‘snowball’ method be better for you? Use this calculator to figure that out
• Credit Scores – not sure what a credit score really means, or how you can use a credit report? Want to know how to improve yours? Check out this module
• Using Credit Wisely – need ideas on how to use credit cards to build your credit score? Complete this module
Everyone has a unique set of financial goals and needs. The Financial Education Center aims to provide the information you need no matter your circumstances. If you have any questions, talk to us about what you need.