- Who We Are
- Board & Management
- Annual Report
- Quarterly Siren Newsletter
- Arthur F. McIntyre Scholarship Program
- Maintenance & Outages
Here at San Francisco Fire Credit Union we serve those who serve our communities: the brave men, women and families of fire departments.
As an employee, your energy and commitment allows them to continue helping and saving others. Sure we have a competitive compensation and benefits package, but the true reward of working here can’t be spent in a day. It’s knowing you belong to an organization that watches out for you and cares about your professional and personal growth.
Financial Service Consultants are accountable for handling all in-person requests from our members including transaction processing, account updates, new account openings, new loan interviewing and processing, and cross-selling the appropriate credit union products and services, while consistently meeting the service standards established by the Credit Union.
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of all Credit Union products and services, and uses this knowledge to cross-sell appropriate products and services to members to maximize the member’s relationship
- Creates Elationships with members by going the extra mile, completing tasks on or before assigned deadlines, and anticipating needs
- Maintains the Credit Union’s tradition of excellence by taking ownership of member issues, being count-on-able, seeking solutions first, and through accurate transaction processing and dissemination of information
- Contributes to a team environment by showing respect and support for each other, practicing positive and respectful workplace communication techniques, and by living up to your commitments
- Completes training programs in accordance with your personal development plan
- Performs accurate transactions on existing savings, checking, certificate, consumer loan, real estate loan and credit card accounts in accordance with standard operating procedures and regulations
- Negotiates checks presented against an account and applies applicable holds on checks based on established guidelines
- Operates assigned cash can and teller’s sub-vault within established guidelines
- Processes new savings and certificate accounts
- Assists members in completing most Credit Union supplied forms
- Creates temporary checks for members as required
- Assists members with debit card re-pinning and ATM machine usage
- Processes authorized data changes on the membership and account level
- Researches and resolves basic member inquiries related to all Credit Union accounts, products and services
- Practices the Credit Union’s service standards
- Completes assigned reports, tasks and projects within established guidelines and timeframes
- Performs shared branch transactions for non-members
- Performs other work as requested by the Branch Manager
- Performs all the duties of a Financial Service Consultant I without supervision
- Meets established individual and team sales and service goals
- Processes new membership applications including the opening of all associated accounts
- Processes consumer loan applications including applicant interview, review and evaluation of application, decision recommendation to the Loan Officer, and notification of loan decision to member
- Processes new IRA, trust, UTTMA and business accounts
- Researches and resolves complex member’s inquiries related to all Credit Union accounts, products and services
- Acts as vault teller as required
- Operates the branch greeter station as required
- Notifies Branch Manager of any service concerns by being attentive to branch volume and service levels in the branch
- Performs all the duties of a Financial Service Consultant II without supervision
- Assists staff or members with difficult transactions and escalated “challenges”
- Maintains a thorough knowledge of IRA, trust, UTTMA and business account products
- Assists the Branch Manager with the administration of the Branch. This includes keeping staff current on new procedures and policies, monitoring call volume and patterns, managing staff scheduling, and ensuring service standards are being met
- Supports the administration of the Branch in the absence of the Branch Manager
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Multi-tasking ability is a must.
Education and/or Experience
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) required; plus at least one year related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous cash handling experience in a financial institution is preferred.
Ability to read and comprehend verbal and written instructions. Ability to write basic business communications to members and employees.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
Ability to reconcile member and general ledger accounts. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, dividends and percentages. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra.
Ability to operate a personal computer in a Windows environment. Experience with Ultradata/FSP and Microsoft Office applications preferred.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is required to sit, stand and walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include the ability to adjust focus.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet
Our Contact Center Representatives or “Financial Service Consultants” handle all remote communications from our members including telephone calls, postal mail, Internet mail and web chats. This involves answering account inquiries, processing financial transactions, and cross‐selling the appropriate credit union products and services, while consistently meeting the service standards established by the SF Fire Credit Union. Our contact center is located in our Mint Plaza location in downtown San Francisco.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Promptly answer all calls and/or chats in a polite manner
- Work collaboratively with Members to uncover and fulfill needs
- Open all types of accounts including checking, savings, CD’s and IRAs
- Accept consumer loan applications, forwarding complete application to loan officer
- Resolve complex member inquiries related to all Credit Union accounts, products and services
- Reach out to Members as directed for special projects
- Notify contact center manager of any service concerns while being attentive to call volume and service levels
- Meet established individual and team sales and service goals
- High school diploma or GED plus at least 2 years of related experience and/or training
- Ability to effectively multi-task
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as interest, dividends and percentages
- Ability to write basic business communications to members and employees
- Experience with MS Windows and MS Office
- Call center experience in a financial institution is preferred
- Must be available to work Saturday shifts as needed
To apply please follow this link. We also respectfully ask that those interested in this position to NOT CONTACT US BY PHONE, as the increased call volume has a negative impact on the level of service we are able to provide our members.