Low Rate Balance Transfer Promotion
Save with Our Lowest Promo Rate on Balance Transfers
Great Rate for 12 Months
Do you have credit card balances at other financial institutions that charge you more than 2.99% APR¹? If so, our balance transfer offer could be a smart choice for you.
- 2.99% Promo APR through February 15, 2018 (12 statement cycles) on balances transferred from other financial institutions between January 16, 2017 through February 15, 2017.
- After February 15, 2018, your standard interest rate will apply.
- There is NO BALANCE TRANSFER FEE.
This promotional rate is available only for qualified balance transfers performed between January 16th and February 15th, 2017.
Transferring Balances is Quick and Easy
If you already have an SF Fire Credit Union Visa, simply log into Online Banking and click on Transfer Credit Card Balances.
Toll Free (888) 499-FIRE (3473)
7:00 a.m. to 8 p.m. (Pacific)
Monday – Saturday
Visit a Branch (see locations)
8:30 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. (Pacific) Monday – Friday
8:30 a.m. to 3:00 p.m. (Pacific) Saturday
To Increase Your Credit Limit
Do you already have a Platinum Visa® credit card with us, and would like to increase your credit line? Call or visit us during our normal business hours.
To Apply for a Platinum Visa® Card
Are you a member with us, but don’t have a Platinum Visa® credit card yet? Call, visit us, or apply within Online Banking.
Special Balance Transfer Offer Requirements
- A current FICO credit score of 660 or higher, and your account must be in good standing
- This promotion is NOT Available for Business Visa accounts
- It may take up to two weeks to process your balance transfer. Please continue to make payments to those accounts to avoid late fees
- Make sure you have enough available credit for the balance transfers you intend to make. If more available credit is needed (you may be MoneyLine approved to increase your present credit limit) sign into online banking at www.sffirecu.org to determine if you’ve been prequalified. You can also call our contact center at 1.888.499.FIRE to apply for a line increase
- Balance transfers do not earn points towards our Free Rewards program
2.99% Promo Annual Percentage Rate – APR¹ through your billing cycle ending on February 15, 2018 when you transfer balances from January 16, 2017 through February 15, 2017. After February 15, 2018, your standard purchase APR will apply to any remaining balance you transferred under the offer. Depending upon your SF Fire Platinum Visa plan this rate may vary with the market based on the prime rate or may be a fixed APR rate. To discern your current plan APR rate refer to your most recent statement, call the contact center at 1.888.499.FIRE or visit your branch. Balance transfers and interest on purchases – if you usually pay for purchases in full each month to avoid interest, transferring a balance will change that. You will be charged interest on purchases unless you choose to pay your entire balance in full, including any transferred balances, by the first payment due date. Balance transfers accrue interest from the date of completed transfer. We may decline to process your request for this offer: if you don’t have enough available credit at the time of the transaction, if your account is closed, if your payment is past due, if your current FICO score is less than 660, if you have filed for bankruptcy, or to protect your account when we suspect fraudulent activity. For more information about balance transfers, refer to our Platinum Visa Cardholder Agreement disclosure or by calling the contact center at 1.888.499.FIRE or visiting your branch to request this disclosure.
APR¹ = Annual Percentage Rate