Daylight Saving Time is here, which means your clocks sprang forward. Is it time for your savings to spring forward too? Dividend rates on Term Certificates are increasing.
Get More For Your Savings
You can more easily reach your savings goals by opening a Term Certificate, such as an 18-Month Bump Up Certificate with an APY* of 2.43% as of March 5th. To review all our current rates for Term Certificates, click here. A Term Certificate earns a higher dividend rate than the other savings accounts, such as our Tiered Savings account.
What If Rates Go Up After I Open a Term Certificate?
If the offered dividend rates for new certificates go up again in the next few months, you don’t have to miss out. One advantage of the 18-Month Bump Up Term Certificate is flexibility; if rates increase in the future, you can raise your dividend rate to match the new rate, once per the 18-month term.
How to Open a New Term Certificate
With a minimum deposit amount of $250, it’s easy to open a new Term Certificate from the comfort of your home or office.
If you need to move funds from another institution:
• Deposit a check using Mobile Deposit through our Mobile Banking application.
• If you have already linked your account at the other institution, you can pull funds from that account to your account here through Transfers (up to the daily limit of $10,000).
You’ll need to deposit funds into a checking or savings account you already have at SF Fire Credit Union. Once the funds are deposited, follow the steps below.
If you want to use money already on deposit here (or if you have any additional questions about your options):
• Send us a Secured Message through Online or Mobile Banking using the Subject Line “Certificate Instructions.” Please let us know what term you want, the amount to deposit in the certificate, and from which account you want to transfer the funds.
• Call our Contact Center at 415.674.4800 or 1.888.499.FIRE (3473).
• Contact us via LIVE CHAT at www.sffirecu.org.