As many of you know, I began my tenure as CEO in March of 2017 during a time of significant transition for San Francisco Fire Credit Union. We had recognized the need to invest in the Credit Union’s infrastructure and already begun work to replace an outdated online banking system that wouldn’t be able to meet our long-term functionality and security needs.
Transitions of this magnitude are difficult. Ours hasn’t been an exception. I would like to thank you for your patience as we have introduced our new online and mobile banking system and reiterate my apology for the functionality and service issues that have occurred.
Despite these challenges, I am happy to report that we have made significant progress over the past month in bringing the new system online. Functionality updates include:
- An app update that has resolved the mobile deposit issues some users had been experiencing
- An update to show pending debit and credit card transactions based on member feedback
- The ability to view and pay the “Last Statement Balance” on credit cards and home equity lines of credit
Looking forward, we will also introduce several new features to the new system in early 2018, including:
- Card controls that allow you to restrict or reactivate debit and credit cards through the mobile app
- Account aggregation so you can view balances for your accounts at other financial Institutions
- The ability to add and remove sources of overdraft protection transfers to your checking account
- Customizable balance transfers from other credit cards to your SF Fire CU Visa® Platinum Credit Card
- FICO credit grade tracking based on soft score information from Experian
We have learned a lot through the challenges we have faced during these upgrades. In the new year, I look forward to discussing how we are working to ensure this kind of service disruption does not happen again. To increase our responsiveness to your needs, we are in the process of hiring additional Contact Center staff and are committed to restoring our service level to what you expect and deserve. All of us, myself included, will “walk the member path” when designing our products and service delivery channels.
Your loyalty has always been – and will continue to be – the key to this Credit Union’s success. We understand this, and consider it a privilege to be your financial institution of choice.
President and CEO