Life gets busy—have you had time to plan for the future? We want to help.
Stephen Seewer, CFS* Advisor at SF Fire Credit Union, is hosting a complimentary Estate Planning Seminar on July 24th at 6:30 pm at our California Street Branch. This seminar, presented by an estate law attorney, will give you tools and knowledge you need to make sure your estate is established the right way.
Estate Planning is typically defined by four principal objectives:
- Controlling your property while you’re alive
- Protecting yourself and loved ones if you become disabled
- Ensuring what you have is left to whom you want, when you want, and in the way you want
- Saving as much as possible on taxes, professional fees, and court costs
If you do not set up an estate, or if your estate is not set up properly, risks include:
- Loss of control of your funds
- Unintended tax liability
- Unintended personal liability
As an example, if your estate does not clearly define who inherits your assets, your loved ones could face a burdensome probate process.