- Your Apple Watch can only be paired with the iPhone 5, 5c, 5s, 6 or 6 plus.
- The paired iPhone must be running iOS 8.2 or later.
- The passcode and wrist detection on the Apple Watch must be turned on.
- An iCloud account is required.
- The Apple Watch must be unlocked and connected to a paired iPhone via Bluetooth.
- The watch is limited to 8 cards, same as the iPhone.
- Since a unique Apple Pay Device Account Number is provisioned to each device, the cardholder needs to perform these steps to set up a Apple Pay Device Account Number to their watch, even if they already have a Apple Pay Device Account Number provisioned within Passbook.
- Apple Watch must be unlocked and on your wrist; enter your passcode on either the watch or paired phone, and be sure that the Apple Watch remains unlocked until transaction takes place.
- If unlocked, double click the side button on the watch.
- The default card image should be displayed. Swipe watch face left or right to select a different card.
- Hold the watch face within a few centimeters of the terminal/reader.
- The watch will tap and beep to confirm the payment has been sent and a checkmark will appear on the screen.
- Additional payment information will be in the Apple Watch app on the phone rather than on the watch.
- Transaction history will be viewable in the watch app, not on the watch itself.
For more information about using Apple Pay with your Apple Watch, please visit https://www.apple.com/watch/apple-pay/.