Apple Pay™ is a secure way to pay for purchases with your SF Fire CU debit or credit card using your iPhone® 6 or iPhone 6 Plus by holding your phone near a contactless reader at participating merchants. You can also use the iPad Air™ 2 and iPad mini™ 3 to pay within certain internet applications.
Any of the following devices:
- iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus (Apple Pay in stores and within apps)
- iPad Air 2 or iPad mini 3 (Apple Pay within apps)
Your device must also have:
- iOS 8.1 or later installed (Note: To check to which version you are on, go to Settings > General > About)
- United States as your selected region (Note: To check to which region you are in, go to Settings > General > Language & Region)
- Touch ID™ or Passcode activated (Note: To set up the Touch ID, go to Settings > Touch ID and Passcode > Setup fingerprint ID)
- iCloud™ account activated (Note: To activate your iCloud account, go to Settings > iCloud)
You’ll also need:
- Your SF Fire CU debit or credit card (Note: The SF Fire Credit Union Health Savings Account and Bay Media Federal Credit Union cards are not eligible for enrollment with Apple Pay.)
Apple Pay is accepted at hundreds of thousands of stores accepting contactless payments. At this time Apple Pay is only available in collaboration with certain U.S financial institutions.
You can look for these symbols at checkout:
You will see the “Terms and Conditions” when you are loading a new debit or credit card in Apple Pay. You can also click here.
Every time you hand over your credit or debit card to pay, your card number and identity are visible. With Apple Pay, instead of using your actual credit and debit card numbers when you add your card, the Apple Pay Device Account Number is assigned, encrypted, and securely stored in a chip within your device. These numbers are never stored on Apple servers.