New Online & Mobile Banking
- Important: Critical Changes
- Logging In For The First Time: Existing Members
- Logging In For the First Time: New Members
- Frequently Asked Questions - Updated February 1st
- (Pre-Launch) Frequently Asked Questions
- Video Tutorials
- Third Party Application Integration
- Business Banking Highlights
- Member Updates Archive
Existing members will find some functions have changed with the new systems. Please review the details below.
Bill Pay Users
While the look of Bill Pay will change, your current payees and scheduled payments will be copied to the new system. However, it is a good idea to review your payees and scheduled payments after the conversion to make sure everything transferred over correctly.
There are five critical changes to keep in mind:
- Initially, some payments may be sent as paper checks, even if they will normally be sent electronically. Please plan accordingly, as your payments may take longer than usual to reach the payees. Any impacted payments should be converted to electronic payments after 1-2 occurrences.
- Checks issued by Bill Pay will no longer be debited from your checking account on the day they are sent, but rather when they are cashed by the payee.
- For joint memberships, saved payees and scheduled payments are displayed under the primary member’s Online Banking profile. Joint owners will be able to use the shared checking account as a source for Bill Pay transactions, but they will not see transactions already scheduled by the primary. Similarly, the primary owner will not see payments scheduled by the joint owner.
- Shared Access allows you to give other members of the Credit Union who are not already joint owners on your membership limited access to your account, including the ability to use your account as a source for Bill Pay transactions. This might be used for business accounts or parents helping their children, as examples.
- If you have a recurring Bill Payment to a loan or credit card at SF Fire Credit Union, it will be converted to the Transfers section of the new Online & Mobile Banking. It will no longer appear within Bill Pay.
Please note: a freeze was placed on scheduling new Bill Pay transactions in the current Online Banking System five days before the new Online & Mobile Banking System went live. This freeze took effect at the end of the night on November 9th, 2017. This prevented any newly scheduled payment information from being lost while your existing payee and payment information was being converted to the new system. Any payments already scheduled – either one-time payments or recurring payments – will still be processed.
There are a few changes to note for transfers set-up through Online Banking:
- On the current system, automatic transfers or payments within the Credit Union that fail for insufficient funds will try again on two subsequent days. On the new system, these transfers will now be re-tried multiple times on the same day, but will not try again on subsequent days.
You will need to verify a trial deposit before you can send funds electronically to any external account at another financial institution.
Previously, this trial deposit was only needed to pull funds electronically from another financial institution. As a result, you can only send funds to your own external accounts, because you will be able to see the amount of the trial deposit once it is deposited to that external financial institution.
- Bill Pay will be the primary option for sending funds to other people who bank at other financial institutions. This process will mail a check to the address you choose.
- For joint memberships, saved external accounts and scheduled transfers are displayed under the primary member. Joint owners will be able to use the shared account as a source for transfers, but will not be able to see pending transfers scheduled by the primary owner. Similarly, primary owners will not be able to see transfers scheduled by a joint owner.
- Transfers and payments that are pulling from an external account at another financial institution will still be credited to your balance the same business day, if you schedule them before 3 pm Pacific Time. However, you may not see the credit reflected in your account until after 4 pm Pacific Time. As is the case now, funds may not be immediately available for your use in deposit accounts, Visa® credit cards, or Home Equity Lines of Credit.
- If you currently make recurring payments to loans or credit cards at SF Fire Credit Union through our Bill Pay service, these will be converted to the new Online & Mobile Banking System, but will now be shown in the Transfers section. They will no longer appear within Bill Pay.
Most of your saved external accounts at other financial institutions and scheduled transfers to those accounts will be converted to the new Online & Mobile Banking System, with the following exceptions:
- External Accounts that were never verified with a trial deposit.
- Transfers to External Accounts that were never verified with a trial deposit.
Please note: a freeze was placed on transferring funds to either SF Fire Credit Union accounts or external accounts using the old Online Banking System five days before the new Online & Mobile Banking System goes live, at the end of the night on November 9th, 2017. This prevented any newly scheduled transfer information from being lost while your existing information was being converted to the new system. Any transfers already scheduled – either one-time transfers or recurring transfers – will still be processed.
The new Online & Mobile Banking Platform uses a new alerts system that provides you with more choices for account information. These notifications can be received by email, text or Push Notification, and include:
- Regulated Savings Transfers – you have 6 allowed transfers per month out of a savings account. This notification tells you how many regulated transfers you have used so far for the month, and you can choose to have this notification start after a given number of transfers.
- Online Banking Access Alerts – for security, you can receive an alert any time your account is accessed by Online or Mobile Banking.
- Balance Alerts, Certificate Maturity Alerts, Check Cleared Alerts, Transaction Description Alerts, Budget Exceeded Alerts, and Goal Endangered/Completed Alerts, and more
Your e-Alerts selections in the current Online Banking system will not carry over. You will need to create new Notification alerts within the Settings section of the new Online Banking system.
For those of you who use our Courtesy Pay service: there will no longer be an alert to track these transactions. As an alternative, you can use Balance Alerts when your balance falls below a specified amount, or you can use the Balance Summary alert to get a summary of your balance at specified intervals.
The Online Deposit system within our current outgoing Online Banking system which required you to mail in any checks being deposited will be retired at the end of the night on October 31st. Members will be able to use the Remote Mobile Deposit feature of the Mobile Banking application as a replacement.
In the current outgoing Online (Desktop) Banking, you schedule changes to your certificates through a “Maturity Options” link at the top of the Transaction History for a given certificate. These changes include depositing additional funds, changing the length of time for the CD to re-invest, and redeeming some or all of the balance. In the new Online & Mobile Banking System, you will use a Secured Message to send these requests directly to the Contact Center. Please allow 1-2 business days for these requests to be processed.
Courtesy Pay Selections
Upon launch of the new Online & Mobile Banking system, self-service options for managing your Courtesy Pay preferences will be limited to opting in-or-out of the service for both checking account and debit card transactions. The option to opt in-or-out specifically for debit card transactions will be restored to Online Banking early next year. This option can still be managed in the branch or through the Contact Center.
Please note: The conversion to our new Online & Mobile Banking system will not change how your Courtesy Pay service functions when covering transactions.
Electronic Statements Options
In the current outgoing Online (Desktop) Banking, you can choose to enroll in electronic statements (“e-statements”) for your Month End, Visa, or Heloc statements individually. In the new Online & Mobile Banking System, electronic statements will be referred to as eDocuments, and you will have to enroll in eDocuments for all accounts or none.
If you are currently enrolled in e-Statements for some of your accounts but not all of them, your preferences will be maintained after the conversion. But should you make any changes in the future to your eDocument preferences, you will only have the option of opting in or out for all accounts.
Budgeting and Track Spending
Your budgeting and Track Spending history from the current outgoing Online Banking will not be converted to the new Online & Mobile Banking. You will need to re-categorize your transactions to use this feature in the new system.
Delayed Availability of Some Functions
While most of the tools and features of the new Online & Mobile Banking system will be available upon launch, there are a few features that will launch at a later time. In most cases, these will launch by early 2018. These features include:
- Card Controls through the Mobile Banking Application – restrict or reactivate debit and credit cards with a single swipe.
- Account Aggregation – view your balances for accounts at other Financial Institutions.
- Overdraft Protection Management – add and remove sources of Overdraft Protection transfers to your checking account, such as savings accounts or Credit Cards.
- Balance Transfers – schedule transfers of balances from other credit cards to your SF Fire CU Visa ® Platinum Credit Card.
- FICO Information – view your current credit grade based on soft score information from Experian.
- ATM Rebate Counter & History – track usage of your 6 monthly rebates for ATM withdrawal fees at Out-Of-Network ATMs.
While these features will not be available immediately, our Contact Center and Branch staff will be happy to assist you.