Credit Union Student Choice
Credit Union Student Choice is an exciting new SF Fire Credit Union partnership designed to fill funding gaps that federal aid can leave behind. Our aim is to help you make informed decisions about college financing, while also providing a lower-cost private student lending solution. Our online application process is fully automated and offers an instant credit decision, electronic school certification, electronic funds transfer to schools, and fast processing time.
Student Choice Private Loan Solution:
- For undergraduate studies at 4-year, not-for-profit schools
- A line-of-credit (of up to $75,000) that can be used over time1
- No origination fees
- Competitive variable rates2 that are Prime Rate (3.25% as of April 30th, 2013) plus 3% or 4% based on credit worthiness
- Flexible payment options that allow repayment while in school or full deferment until graduation (or going to school less than half-time)
- Get an additional 0.25% rate discount for automated payments3
You can also apply by phone 24 hours a day, seven days a week by dialing (866) 825-6583
1 Subject to qualification and an annual credit review.
2 Variable rate can adjust quarterly and is based on the Prime Rate plus a margin of 3% or 4% based on credit worthiness. As of March 31st, the Prime Rate is 3.25%.
3 To qualify for the 0.25% rate reduction you must be by making full principal plus interest payments through an automated payment method designated by your student loan service provider.