Individual (or Joint) Membership
If you belong to any one of the following groups, you are eligible for membership at San Francisco Fire Credit Union:
- Firefighters of the San Francisco Fire Department
- Firefighters who live or work in San Francisco, San Mateo or Marin County
- Firefighters who are active members of the California State Firefighters’ Association – OR – Active members of the California State Firefighters’ Association 1
- Family of San Francisco Fire Credit Union members (The Definition of “Family” is as follows: Spouse, Domestic Partner, Father, Mother, Aunts, Uncles, Nieces, Nephews, Brothers, Sisters, Grandparents, Sons, Daughters, Grandsons, Granddaughters, Great Grand Children, Fathers-in-Law, Mothers-in-Law, Brothers-in-Law, and Sisters-in-Law. It also includes the Spouses, Domestic Partners and Children of the family members listed.)
- Individuals who live, work, worship or attend school in San Francisco, San Mateo or Marin County
Before You Begin
You will need the following information during the application process:
- Government-issued form of photo identification (e.g. driver’s license, passport, state identification card) Please note: If the address on your license does not match your current address, we will need to see a utility bill or rental agreement with your current residence.
- Previous home address (if you have lived at your current home address less than two years)
- U.S. Social Security Number
- Online Applications: Checking or savings account routing/account number for both funding your new account and your one-time $5 membership fee
- In-branch Applications: Cash or check for both funding your new account and your one-time $5 membership fee
- You must be a U.S. citizen or a U.S. resident alien
You can apply for the following loan and deposit accounts as part of the online application process:
- Money Market Savings
- Platinum Visa Credit Card *
- Signature Loan *
- New, Used, or Classic Auto Loan *
- New or Used RV Loan *
- New or Used Motorcycle Loan *
* If you’re coming in person and would like to apply for a loan or Platinum Visa Credit Card while you’re here, please bring your most recent paystub.
Note: Other accounts not listed above (Health Savings Accounts and Individual Retirement Accounts, for example) are not available for opening online as part of our membership application process.
1 San Francisco Fire Credit Union encourages California Firefighters to learn more about their local Firefighter Credit Unions: San Diego Firefighters Credit Union, Long Beach Firemen’s Credit Union, Los Angeles Firemen’s Credit Union, F&A Federal Credit Union and Fresno Fire Department Credit Union.