On January 29, 2014 the City and County of San Francisco 457(b) Deferred Compensation Plan (SFDCP) will be transitioning to a new Third-Party Administrator (TPA). These accounts will be moving from Great-West to Prudential Retirement.
What You Need To Know
- Your investment options will remain the same
- No action is required by you
- The last day you can conduct a transaction on your current account at Great-West is January 22.
- Your current account at Great-West will transfer to Prudential Retirement on January 29
- There will be a no-transaction “blackout period” from January 22 to February 7
- You will have full access and can execute transactions on your new account at Prudential Retirement using the SFDCP phone service or website on or about February 7 (Please check www.sfdcp.org starting February 3 for updates)
- The SFDCP phone service number will remain the same at 1.888.SFDCP4U (1.888.733.2748). Please note that you will need to create a new Personal Identification Number (PIN) to access this phone line. You can do this by calling the number on or after February 7, Monday thru Friday between the hours of 5AM and 6PM (Pacific) and providing the requested information.
- The SFDCP website will be newly customized and enhanced, but the website address will remain the same at www.sfdcp.org. Please note that you will need to create a new User ID and Password to access your account online. You can do so by logging on to your account on or after February 7 at www.sfdcp.org. Click “Log In” and then “Register Now” and provide the requested information.
To Learn More
To Learn More about the Transition to Prudential Retirement Contact Chad Kasper, your new Deferred Compensation Representative with Prudential Retirement. He can be reached at 415.653.2960 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also visit www.sfdcp.org for further information, including a link to the new Prudential Retirement transition website. This website will be updated frequently with important information about the transition and your new account tools and resources.
Approaching Retirement and In Need of Assistance? We’re Here to Help
Get answers to your questions from SF Fire Credit Union’s team of CFS Financial Advisors.* Stephen Seewer and Dennis Adams have worked together for over 20 years to help their clients achieve their financial goals. Both are available to meet for no-cost, no-obligation appointments at the California Street or Stonestown Branches. Stephen can be reached at 415.674.4846, Dennis at 415.674.4845.