Investing for retirement or to accumulate wealth doesn't need to be a confusing or intimidating task, even in today's volatile economic environment. Here are a few quick and simple tips to help meet your financial goals - and keep your sanity while doing so.
REVIEW & REBALANCE
- Review your financial goals and the plans you have in place to achieve them
- Examine how your investments have been performing
- Evaluate your current 'asset-allocations' and rebalance them if necessary
- Remember you're in it for the long haul, and that investments aren't about short-term gains
- Stay focused on your long-term goals, and don't let every downward move that the market makes rattle you
- Avoid becoming obsessive in tracking your investments, as it's easy to panic when watching daily, weekly, or monthly results
ASK FOR HELP
- Don’t be afraid to seek out investment and tax advice
- Discover your financial goals and create a plan to achieve them, if you have already done so
- Stephen Seewer is the CFS* Financial Advisor at SF Fire Credit Union and available for no-cost, no-obligation consultations. Contact him today at 415.674.4846 or email@example.com
*Non-deposit investment products and services are offered through CUSO Financial Services, L.P. ("CFS"), a registered broker-dealer (Member FINRA/SIPC) and SEC Registered Investment Advisor. Products offered through CFS: are not NCUA/NCUSIF or otherwise federally insured, are not guarantees or obligations of the credit union, and may involve investment risk including possible loss of principal. Investment Representatives are registered through CFS. SF Fire Credit Union has contracted with CFS to make non-deposit investment products and services available to credit union members.