The Bureau of Fire Prevention is asking for your support to earn a $10,000 grant.
Liberty Mutual Insurance Co. is sponsoring a Fire Safety Pledge Program that will be awarding two $10,000 grants to fire departments who serve communities that have a population of 100,000 or more. Here are the rules and how you can help:
- The fire department that has the most points will earn a grant.
- One point is awarded each time an individual completes the online fire safety quiz that is available at: www.befiresmart.com/Protect-Your-Community/Fire-Safety-Pledge.aspx.
- The quiz consists of 10 True/False questions. An example of a question: "Cooking fires are the number 1 cause of home fires - True or False?"
- After completing the quiz, your name, e-mail address, city, state and zip code are requested. The final question is which fire department to credit. Please credit the SFFD.
- Please note that after you submit this quiz, you will be placed on an e-mail list that will send advertising and promotional messages. To unsubscribe simply scroll down to the bottom of the "Thank You" email you'll receive and click on the "unsubscribe now" link that's highlighted in blue.
This program ends October 31, 2010. The SFFD thanks you for your support!