Online bill payment is very easy to use plus it saves you time and money – Bill Pay requires no check writing or postage. An added benefit is you can see your payment history on each bill you pay with a few clicks of a mouse.
Preparing to Use Bill Pay
The system is very flexible and allows our members choice on how they want to manage their payments. You will need to have your billing and payee information ready before you begin, so have an existing bill handy. You will need the following information:
- Payee Name
- Payee Address/City/State/ZIP
- Payee Phone (the toll-free number is sufficient, and can usually be found on the back of your printed bill)
- Your account number (on the bill)
Since these are all required fields, please have them ready, since entering Payee information for the first time is the most involved part of setting up the feature.
Getting to Bill Pay in Online Banking
To begin, login to Online Banking as you would normally. Proceed to the Balances & Transactions section and select Pay Bills in the left navigation menu.
Add New Payee
Click on the Add New Payee button and complete the fields indicated. Note that there is an auto-list feature that can help populate the fields more quickly if you see the correct option in the list. You can bypass this list and enter the information manually.
Once completed, you will see the Payee added to the Your Payees table.
Days to Deliver
Once you have entered a Payee into the system, you will notice in the table that there is a column called “Days to Deliver”. This indicates the processing time needed to make a payment.
Over 80% of all Bill Pay payments are made electronically and are received by the Payee within two (2) business days.
The remaining payments are made by check, which we draw against your account. These payments take a maximum of five (5) business days to get to the Payee, since they are sent via the US Postal Service. Be sure to take national holidays into consideration.
Once you have entered your Payees you are ready to make payments. Go to the Payments tab, where you will see a table with your Payees listed.
If you plan on paying a bill immediately, determine your Payee and enter the payment in the Amount field. The Deliver On date will self-populate (the same date you login to Online Banking). If you want to change that date, click on the small calendar icon and choose another date. If all is satisfactory, click on the Submit button and Confirm.
Payment Options and Recurring Payments
If you want more payment options, click on the word Options beside the Payee, where you can:
- Pay a bill later: you receive your phone bill and it isn’t due for 3 weeks. Beside the Payee name, click on the word “Options” and enter the Amount to be paid. Select the payment date you wish from the popup calendar (note how the “start” and “send” Days to Deliver are highlighted). Click on the ‘Save Options’ button (be sure to not surpass the “deliver on” date). Once completed, the payment details appear below the Payee name. If all is satisfactory, click on the ‘Submit >’ button at the bottom right of the table and ‘Confirm’.
- Set up a recurring payment: you have a monthly, predetermined insurance payment and the amount rarely fluctuates. Beside the Payee name, click on the word “Options” and enter the Amount to be paid. Select the payment date you wish from the popup calendar. Select the Recurrence from the drop down list (i.e., Monthly) and define the termination options (stop date or number of payments). Click on the ‘Save Options’ button. Once completed, the payment details appear below the Payee name. If all is satisfactory, click on the ‘Submit >’ button at the bottom right of the table and ‘Confirm’.
After you have completed the payment details, note that this information will then appear in the Scheduled Payments table to the right of the Make Payments table.
Once any Scheduled Payment appears in the table, you can edit, delete or skip the payment as you wish. Click on the appropriate word and follow the prompts.
We Can Help
If you get stuck or need help, please know that our knowledgeable and helpful Call Center staff are available 6am to 10pm, 7 days-a-week to assist you.
Once you get started using online bill payment you will wonder why you didn’t start sooner!