Visa USA has notified SF Fire Credit Union that they have been informed of a security breach involving one of their payment transaction processors, and that certain card information may have been compromised. It is understandable that members might be concerned about this situation, and we would like to provide you with the latest information that we have available.
Scope of the Breach
- The security breach originated with a Visa transaction processor that handles over one million transactions every month for over 250,000 businesses nationwide.
- It’s estimated that this breach involves over 100 million debit and credit cards.
- SF Fire Credit Union’s data systems had no involvement in this breach, and the personal information we have about you on file is safe and secure.
Impact on Members
- We have identified the Debit and Credit Cards that have either incurred or at risk to incur fraudulent activity.
- Members with affected cards have been contacted via mail and by special messaging within Online Banking to notify them regarding card replacement and other relevant instructions.
- Members will not be liable for fraudulent activity on their cards, and are encouraged to contact us immediately if they suspect misuse of their Debit or Credit Card.
Our Commitment to You
SF Fire Credit Union is committed to the security of your personal information and protecting your account from fraudulent activity. We are taking all measures possible to respond to this situation in a manner than imposes the least possible inconvenience on our membership. We appreciate your patience, and thank you for your continued loyalty and support.